Interim WMS Project Manager
Leading Distribution Business based in Leeds requires an Interim WMS Project Manager to act as the operational lead during a 12 month system upgrade as part of a site modernisation programme.
Leading Distribution Business based in Leeds currently undergoing a significant period of change include systems upgrades, SOP's, site relocation and business wide process improvements.
- Create and manage detailed project plans that align with site Modernisation and manage delivery of WMS project as a part of the site Modernisation
- Creation of High level process flows for inclusion in system tender and work with internal IT teams to review tenders and coordinate software evaluation process.
- Development of requirements ahead of detailed design phase, liasing with liaise with Operations management, 3rd party supplier and internal IT teams
- Act as an interpreter between supplier and internal IT team and operational teams
- Work with Back office to ensure the WMS interface with ERP is on track
- Create and update To Be process flows as new system is developed
- Work with Architecture team on required documentation such as Architecture Definition Document and Service Design document
- Work with supplier and Operations team to develop training needs analysis and training plan, create training documentation and roll out training plan
- Manage project risks, issues and dependencies when there is likely to be any impact on the overall programme. Report progress to the Programme Manager on a weekly basis.
- Write test scripts and manage UAT process along with 3rd Party supplier and IT teams
The successful Interim WMS Project Manager must have:
- At least 5 years experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
- Be able to commute to a single place of work in the Leeds area for the duration of the assignment
- Have a proven track record of leading WMS implementation from an operational standpoint, liasing with IT and operational teams to deliver the system upgrade and staff training associated.
- Have tangible evidence of project management skills, qualifications desirable but not essential.
- Be able to start immediately
The successful Interim WMS Project Manager will be offered between £250 and £300 per day dependent on experience