Public and Private Sector Experience Desired
Purpose To lead business partners to deliver a high quality and comprehensive, business focussed procurement and commercial service, ensuring that best value for money is achieved.
- To act as Procurement advisor for the business. Located within the business, build and maintain relationships with business management and operational teams influencing procurement strategy and decision making
- Support the business to integrate best commercial practice into their processes and ways of working to support continuous improvement.
- Manage and oversee workloads of Procurement Business Partner to ensure visibility of workload pressures and to highlight resource issues.
- Deliver training to the business on policies and procedures to embed good practice, develop knowledge and manage risks in alignment with organisational appetite.
- To act as Procurement Expert located within the business
- To lead multi-discipline teams to deliver effective contracts and to design new commercial arrangements taking into consideration business requirements and risks.
- To be responsible for managing the negotiation, planning and placing of contracts.
- To lead and motivate your staff to deliver high standards of performance
- To comply with HR policies and procedures, to set individual objectives, identify training needs and hold team members to account for their performance
- To act in accordance with the behaviours and values of the organisation
- To manage your own performance to be accountable for meeting individual, team and corporate objectives
- To act in accordance with the Scheme of Delegation and ensure propriety and regularity in the handling of public funds
- To comply with and contribute to the improvement of operational and team processes and procedures
- To assist with the preparation and execution of the team's objectives, budgets and financial records
- To identify opportunities and implement change leading to team development, system improvement and good value for money
Qualifications and Experience
- Professionally qualified in Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
- Management experience
- Experience of managing and prioritising multiple procurement projects
- Experience and knowledge of Procurement and best practice
- Experience of Supplier Relationship Management
- Good negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of UK and EU legislation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.