EMEA Category Manager Corporate Services | FMCG | London
An opportunity has arisen for you to have a major impact on the procurement function within a multinational management organisation based in London.
As EMEA Category Manager Corporate Services your role will be to lead sourcing activities leading the selection of Service Providers and the Supply Chain to support the delivery of services within the EMEA markets. You will be responsible for ensuring you develop and deliver capability to support the Supply Chain Management & Procurement team in defining best market pricing and service delivery for new and current clients.
Working with account Sourcing Managers to develop a deep understanding of operational service definitions and cost data, it is expected that you will build the capability to efficiently estimate levels of service delivery and benchmark pricing. You will recommend the qualification of appropriate service providers and suppliers to ensure that the best mix is available across the region to deliver value to clients. You’ll be expected to execute best practices, innovation and initiatives through to the account sourcing managers and across account to optimise the cost and quality of services for clients and the business.
The EMEA Category Manager is to undertake and develop the following activities:
- Responsible for management and performance of all sourcing related activities for commodity requirements across all services lines as required
- Accountable for creating strategic solutions for specific commodities and client account pursuits, procurement event planning, RFP/quotation management, bid analysis and recommendations, liaison with internal client governance teams for contract approvals, savings reporting, documentation and compliance
- To create and manage the bid calendar, lead category events, bid process, commercial evaluation, recommendations, contract document preparation, functional reviews and approvals
- Developing framework partners and maintaining existing framework relationships
- Using regional, country, market and industry intelligence to identify and qualify new suppliers and trends to support the business
- To manage relationships with preferred suppliers and specialist contractors. Review performance regularly, at least 4 times a year, with minutes of meeting documented
- Define industry standard service levels to support market trends and promote within the sourcing community
- Design sourcing plans and deliver those strategies directly or indirectly as business requires
- Balance the business needs, company risk and supply market capability to determine the optimum route to maximum value
- Ensure sourcing strategies are aligned to regional category strategy, plan and targets
- Continually assess both the global and regional market environment and supply base, identifying major industry trends and threats. Use this knowledge to define optimum strategy for the group
The position is effectively a blank sheet and the successful candidate can come in, stamp their mark and really make this role their own, developing a high profile in the procurement team.
The ideal profile will be experienced in indirect procurement at a global/regional level, strategic in their procurement thinking, able to lead the categories internally and externally and present/engage with executive level stakeholders. Must be prepared to travel overseas on occasion when required.
Full salary and benefits info: £60,000 + £5,100 car allowance + Private Health Care + Pension Scheme + Life Assurance up to 4 x salary
If you are a match for the role then do apply with an updated CV or call Paul on 01962 869838 to discuss further.