Interim Strategic Category Manager
To have overall responsibility for nominated categories of high value/risk/complexity spend and to lead the procurement and contracting strategies, and where applicable execution, in relation to those categories. You will be liaising regularly with key stakeholders on how they can improve their procurement and improve their category.
Our client is a Public Sector body tasked with making significant savings by the end of the financial year and requires an experienced strategic procurement consultant to come in and hit the ground running and happy to be hands on.
- Take the lead in relation to a nominated spend
- Develop and implement a procurement strategy for the category
- Make in-year savings
- Management of stakeholders to market the benefits of the category and contracts
- Have overall responsibility for a range of contractual arrangements in relation to the nominated category
- Analysis of category spend data to inform optimum procurement strategy, continually reduce costs, drive value for money and reduce/remove maverick spend.
- Take the lead in maximising collaborate opportunities
- Ensure robust implementation of strategic sourcing throughout the category
- Extensive experience in strategic procurement
- Good contract management experience
- Proven interim track-record
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skill
- Proven track record of making savings
£300 - £400p/day ltd outside IR35
Ability to work from home