Transport Account Manager
Opportunity for a transport planner, with containers experience to join a global business offering progression and development. This role will be based in Birmingham City Centre.
Global Freight Business
Responsible for: Plan transport operations, efficiently ensuring both legislative and health and safety standards are met whilst striving for customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Achieving a balance between costs incurred and income produced to deliver on targeted margins.
- Produce a daily Transport Plan in line with customer orders and expectations, negotiating best times where possible to best utilise the available fleet;
- Utilise vehicles to plan all vehicles with a view to achieve daily revenue targets and set performance KPI's;
- Provide administration support ensuring data accuracy with a prompt and reliable service;
- Ensure the system is accurately updated in line with business needs, escalating any issues with data promptly.
- Handle operational phone calls in a professional, customer focused (internal and external) and efficient manner;
- Support engagement initiatives, by liaising with Drivers and staff, listening and acting upon viable suggestions, communicating effectively, and ensure two way respect;
- Ensure customer service levels with all customers are exceptional, maintaining close communication links at all times. Investigate anomalies, provide justification and escalate accordingly;
- Actively encourage and seek to implement continuous improvements within processes and procedures, engaging employees at all levels
- As required negotiate subcontractor rates with the support and guidance from Management;
- Maintain high standards of good housekeeping as well as health and safety standards;
- A working knowledge of PC applications; Microsoft and outlook
- Come from a transport planning background with containers experience
- Professional with a can do attitude
- Good oral communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, colleagues and customers
- Prioritise and work well under pressure, good time management skills
- Excellent Numerical and Analytical skills with the ability to interpret data/information
- Awareness of current employment and H&S legislation, policies and procedures
- Proactive, innovative and creative approach to problem solving
A salary between £25,000 and £27,000 + Benefits