Transport Commercial Manager
Opportunity to work in a multi-faceted role.
A fast growing production business with an in-house Transport operation.
* To contribute to the continued growth and success of the Transport division of the Company
* Account Management of current key transport customers, including large, nationwide brand names
* Generating commercial forecasting
* Develop and generate new leads, progressing these through to delivery and increasing revenue for the Transport Division and ultimately the Company.
* Develop and deliver commercial strategy.
* Ambassador for the Transport Team, and internal / external customers alike
* Key driver for cultural change within the Transport Department
* Analysing data for customer use, predicting trends and measure performance
* Ensure an elevated level of quality throughout the Company, particularly within Transport
* Responsible for the P & L of the Transport Operation in terms of revenue
* Ensure all work carried out by transport is charged at the correct rates and invoiced to the correct customers
* Daily liaison with customers, both internal and external
* Visit customers to gain their confidence and to gain additional work
* Check daily plan to make sure that all routes are covered and look for any empty running routes that can be filled
* Compile and submit accurate performance data analysing service and expenditure
* Ensure continuous improvement plans are in place and managed effectively
* Have strong, demonstrable experience within Transport Management
* Demonstrate confident relationship management skills.
* Strong leadership skills
* Have strong industry knowledge and contacts
* Have strong analytic skills
* Be fully conversant with all Microsoft Suite who can demonstrate they are a super user within Excel
* Be confident presenting
* Be passionate, motivated and enthusiastic
* Be a charismatic individual who is influential, persuasive but inspiring
* Named CPC holder on Operators Licence (desirable, not essential)
£35,000 - £45,000 + CAR.