Procurement Managers (for the Commercial Team)
We are seeking one role is based in Essex and another nationwide.
We are searching for a high performing, values driven individual who wants to make a real difference to health and wellbeing in our communities. Is that you?
Attain is a rapidly growing market leader in the provision of end-to-end services to transform care across care systems in partnership with the NHS and Local Authorities. We are an independent provider passionate about making person-centric integrated care a reality and we are at the forefront of New Models of Care across the country developing services that are joined up, amalgamated and sustainable. We believe what sets us apart from other organisations in the health and care sectors and key to our success are our strong public sector and commercial values.
We are recruiting Manager(s)/Senior Manager(s) who will work as part of our Commercial Team based in Essex and another nationwide. As a service delivery organisation, our staff work in a variety of locations all over England and as such you may need to be flexible with regards to travel and working away from home in response to customer requirements.
Working within the context of the NHS landscape, the Commercial Team is leading the procurement of health services and managing and/or working as a part of NHS teams delivering procurements, offering expert advice and guidance, and transferring skills. As a member of the team you would also be responsible for working with our clients to manage and/or advise on the effective management of markets.
Attain’s Commercial team actively engages with Clinical Commissioning Groups, care providers and Local Authorities to understand their intentions and identify the most appropriate route to deliver high quality, cost effective services and most importantly, safe care. Our highly experienced and adaptable team has a combined track record of delivering outstanding results in a wide variety of health and care service procurements.
This is neither a pure procurement management nor an advisory role; this is about delivery and working with customers across the lifecycle of projects and programmes to deliver outstanding results for the public sector.
Successful candidates will join a high performing and diverse Attain team, where they will support our customers to:
- Agree work plan priorities with customers
- Determine best route to market for each project and identify associated risks with each
- Lead and deliver procurement of clinical services for customers
- Lead engagement with multiple service stakeholders, ensuring the relevant functions are appropriately represented to deliver the required outcomes
- Apply commercial rigour to effectively measure value for money and improvement of patient care
- Use technology and quality assured processes and documents to deliver consistently and fairly across a variety of markets
- Wider responsibilities will include:
- developing, and managing, relationships with senior clients teams
- identifying new business opportunities
- supporting the development of Attain’s methodologies and approaches
In order to succeed in this challenging role, you will have the technical competences and relationship building skills required to deliver real value from procurement interventions. Whilst a background in health/care services procurement is highly desirable, candidates with experience of other public sector services procurement will be considered. You will be CIPS qualified or working towards. Please note that experience of public sector procurement governed by EU law is essential.
We are seeking strong technical skills in terms of procurement best practice as the following areas:
- EU procurement legislation
- business case development
- requirements capture
- specification development
- market testing, tendering, negotiation and contracting.
- You will also possess a firm grasp of category management and strategic sourcing.
For more information about careers at Attain please visit the Careers section on our website.
If you have the experience, skills and desire to deliver real change by seeing programmes and projects through implementation into benefits realisation, and are attracted to working in a vibrant and value-driven organisation, then we are keen to hear from you.