The Transport Manager will report to the General Manager and will manage the transport operation at one of the company's key distribution sites. They will ensure full driver and vehicle compliance for a fleet of HGV's in Merseyside.
Nationwide General Haulier with a large fleet of vehicles. Pallet Network.
The role of the Transport Manager:
- Ensure the effective operation of the Transport function, driving continuous improvements & further develop integrated transport solutions to deliver a premium & cost effective service.
- Run the transport operation in order to meet agreed budgets and KPI's covering costs, productivity and service standard.
- Manage the performance of the fleet in order to ensure maximum operational efficiency and service excellence.
- Demonstrate the expected behaviours and standards of a people leader to help recruit, engage and develop the capability of our people and generate the right customer service culture for our business.
- Ensure all Health and Safety incidents/accidents are investigated, recorded and appropriate action is taken.
The Successful Transport Manager Applicant:
- CPC Qualified
- General Haulage background is highly desirable
- Operated within a similar Transport Management role, managing a large fleet of vehicles
- Good knowledge of pallet network
- Must have H&S, Compliance and Fleet Management experience
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000
Hours: Monday - Friday (days) 45 hours per week
Location: Merseyside depot