Buyer - Directs
Global blue chip actively seeking top talent to be part of a best practice procurement initiative. Do you have a strong directs/raw materials sourcing background, excellent stakeholder engagement skills and the drive & passion to deliver?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global FMCG organisation that is looking to recruit a Buyer to implement global Supplier and Category strategies to drive long-term improvements in quality, cost and delivery. Liaising and engaging with key stakeholders you will enhance competitive and commercial performance across direct categories as allocated, delivering immediate value and progressing quickly in a receptive, vibrant and supportive environment.
- Supplier Relationships: Responsible for leading and co-ordinating designated supplier relationships and strategies.
- Cost Management: Responsible for the creation and/ or deployment of Cost Models for designated Categories and the development and delivery of the agreed financial commitments.
- Sourcing: Support the development and execution of assigned category strategies. Responsible for the execution of the sourcing process and associated tasks.
- Delivery: Responsible for supplier delivery performance in assigned categories. Responsible for counter measures where a commercial decision(s) is required for resolution of delivery issues.
- Quality: Responsible for supplier quality performance for the assigned categories. Responsible for counter measures where a commercial decision(s) is required for resolution of quality issues.
- Policies and Procedures: Accountable and responsible for ensuring their adherence to the company’s policies and procedures and ensuring that all purchase documents are issued and maintained as appropriate.
You will have:
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges and cultures and ways of working.
- Demonstrable record of delivery in operational procurement, ideally from a relevant blue chip environment
- Experience of raw materials/direct procurement preferred not essential. Experience in FMCG, manufacturing or cosmetics a distinct advantage.
- Evidence of strategic thinking, with the ability and desire to progress into a strategic purchasing role
- Experience of cross-functional working.
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage sourcing projects to tight timescales and engage and influence multiple stakeholders.
- A proven track record in delivering results.
- A good understanding of manufacturing processes and the cost drivers.
- Working understanding of Total Cost of Acquisition methodology.
- Well-developed commercial acumen.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement LLP (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.