Commercial Manager – Contract Management
Do you have a strong track record of driving maximum value from contracts and managing the commercial consequences of change whilst developing strong and challenging relationships with stakeholders and suppliers? If so, we would like to hear from you.
The primary responsibility for this role is to manage a portfolio of contracts to deliver value and manage risk over the full contract lifecycle. The portfolio may span a range of contracts or include single large contracts for complex services where there may be a high degree of interdependency with the supplier.
In this role you will support key supplier relationships with the Senior Contract Business Owners and ensure that plans are implemented to encourage innovation, maintain a robust performance management regime and ensure adequate investment by the business areas in contract, supplier and service management.
This role will require cross functional working, not only with business areas and suppliers but with other areas of Commercial such as Procurement (on contract start and exit) and Commercial Hub.
Our client offers career progression opportunities to candidates with the talent, ambition and drive to succeed in helping our client to deliver tangible outputs to the benefit of the wider economy.
You will have:
- Experience of working in or with the public sector on the procurement and management of major contracts for the supply of complex goods and services.
- Experience of leading a team (directly or indirectly)
- Commercially acumen with strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of financial models and experience of application to contract management.
- Knowledge of English contract law.
- Experience of monitoring and managing projects in accordance to established standards and processes such as MSP and PRINCE2.
- Experience of analysing data and drawing conclusions.
- In depth knowledge of project procurement processes, tools and techniques, including EU Directives, tendering / re-tendering procedures..
- Ideally qualified or working toward CIPS Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply (NVQ level 5) or equivalent.
- Travel around the UK may be required.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Manager jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Buying Public Sector Manager jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Contracts Public Sector Manager jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Procurement Public Sector Manager jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Category management Public Sector Manager jobs in £60,000 - £79,999