My client is looking for a Planner/Buyer to join their expanding Supply Chain Team. You will be joining a leader in their field who have had a record breaking year due to winning a number of high profile contracts.
This is an initial 3 month fixed term contract which for the right candidate could go permanent.
A major player in the Engineering field with over 150 years history and trading on the NYSE - New York Stock Exchange.
Responsible for assuring the continuous supply of assigned components to (a) Support BU customer service goals and objectives (b) Minimise cost of production, and (c) Achieve BU's stated inventory reduction initiatives
- Prepare monthly Material and Labour plan for the stream
Manage internal and external Kanban programs. Includes setting Kanban levels, trigger points, safety stock levels, and lead times according to standard Crane Co. Update KPI/Tactical boards with current supply information
- Schedule future production plans
- Effectively communicate forecasted requirements to external suppliers
- Run assembly scheduling tool and level load plan with new data received
- Report and update Customer service with material delivery issues that may put Customer satisfaction and OTD at risk
- Evaluate and act upon the material requirements plan (MRP) for assigned commodities. Generate and adjusts purchase orders and/or shop work orders to support production schedules daily. Effectively communicates areas of concern to appropriate departments, individuals and/or suppliers. Inputs, maintains, and adjusts records or transactions to ensure system validity
- Must be able to start within 1 week
- Background in Production Planning
- Manufacturing background - preferably from Industrial/Engineering
- Lean Manufacturing exposure
- Excellent analytical, problem solving/decision making skills; ability to make timely, effective, fact based decisions. Includes a strong working knowledge of word processing, spread sheet and scheduling software
Salary is ranging from £28,000 to £32,000 and a minimum 3 months is guaranteed.