The Transport Planner will work as a member of the Planning team in order to meet the needs of the Transport Operation. This will be achieved by the efficient allocation of resources and continually identifying ways of improving and maximising driver and vehicle performance, thus reducing costs. This role will be based permanently at one of their sites local to Crewe.
A high profile Transport & Logistics operation with a number of sites in the UK.
The role of the Transport Planner:
- To plan and allocate the loads on a daily basis in order to maximise vehicle revenue by the efficient use of resources. The loads will be National journeys and will be of a multi drop nature and will have to be scheduled within a large reload matrix.
- Control internal and external sub contraction and communicate within the group to effectively use group resources as first priority.
- Assist in ensuring the operation and systems meet and maintain all the necessary Health and Safety and legal requirements in relation to the Company's Operating Licence.
- Assist in ensuring claims and telematics information is utilised along with training and recruitment techniques to ensure the driving workforce is fully trained and meets the required standards for the business at all times, within your sector.
- Ensure full cooperation is given to the training department to meet the company objective that consignment damage is monitored and trends/exceptions acted upon by the team to ensure continuous improvements in the quality of the operation and to limit the damage liabilities.
- Manage day to day issues of the remote workforce, including performance, holidays, sickness and training.
- Provide daily information to the Head of Operation focusing on exception reporting and providing solutions to these exceptions.
The Successful Transport Planner:
- Be able to plan a large fleet both manually and using an in-house Transport Management System
- Sound knowledge with Tachographs in order to monitor driver performance
- Work towards KPI's set by management team and ensuring SLA's are adhered to
Salary: £25,000 - £26,000
Hours: Monday - Friday (days)