IT Procurement Manager - Global FTSE 100
IT Procurement Manager - Global FTSE 100 - Multiple Base Locations available: London or Reading - £40,000 - 55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
This £ Multi-Billion FTSE 100 multinational is experiencing aggressive global growth, triggering an influx of top-down investment to increase the performance of commercial procurement functions. As part of this "step-change" initiative, the business seeks a high-achieving IT Procurement specialist to step up into a Manager-grade position, develop key IT strategy and deliver impressive results to aid continued enterprise evolution.
As a leading global brand in a fiercely competitive sector, cutting edge technology plays a crucial role in advancing market share, so this growing IT Procurement function has an important part to play with some fascinating projects on the horizon.
IT Procurement Manager role profile:-
* Deploying IT & Technology supply market expertise to bring short and long-term benefits to the business, such as knowledge of cost & value levers, market trends and challenges pre-sented by modern technology
* Setting global procurement strategies to ensure continuity of supply and value for money, measured by both price and performance of IT goods and services
* Developing key IT strategy to support Group-wide IT transformation programmes
* Implementing strategic procurement initiatives to advance supplier performance, increase compliance and mitigate risk
* Expanding one's skillset through a personally tailored development programme to become recognised internally as the strategic sourcing lead for major IT Hardware, Telecoms, Soft-ware & Professional Services sub-categories including: Infrastructure, Data Centres, Servers, Storage, Desktop, Networks, Mobility, Colocation, Cloud, Software Licensing, App Devel-opment and IT Consultancy
* Negotiating with market leading Technology vendors / suppliers such as Microsoft, HP, Cis-co, Dell, Oracle, IBM, as well as niche vendors for bespoke packages
* Interacting with an executive level stakeholder community, winning support for far-reaching procurement initiatives
Required procurement experience & qualifications:-
* Strong procurement and strategic sourcing experience, with at least 2-3 years specialist IT & Technology procurement category experience
* Track record of progression within your procurement career thus far, stepping from Buyer to Senior Buyer / Procurement Manager / Category Manager within a short space of time
* Degree / MCIPS / ITIL qualifications preferable though not essential
This is an excellent procurement opportunity for a charismatic procurement professional to progress one's career within an intelligent and collaborative environment, learn from industry experts and grow towards Procurement leadership & Directorship.
To find out more and apply? please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly through this page.
Key skills: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, negotiation, stakeholder management, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, purchasing, buying, Indirect, IT procurement, technology pro-curement, software, hardware, consultancy, professional services, indirect procurement
To keep up to date with all the latest procurement jobs, follow our twitter feed at http://www.twitter.com/BramwithProcure