My client has an excellent opportunity for a Buyer to join their dynamic commercial team based in our Head Office. As part of our rapid growth we are looking for an ambitious and commercially astute Buyer with a natural flair for high quality procurement practises.
My client has grown significantly over the years, and has strong aspirations to become a national house builder in the next few years. We are well known in The North of England for building homes and communities that customers aspire to live in, and we are now making a name in Lancashire and the wider North West thanks to our reputation for quality and award winning customer service.
- Liaise with the Sales and Design and Planning Departments with regards to specification on a site-by-site basis, advise on cost and availability of materials and products and produce specifications.
- Prepare material schedules from house type drawings and liaise with site management on any later amendments and revisions.
- Negotiate and place orders with material suppliers on a competitive tender basis.
- Ensure all specifications and programmes are complied with and that quality is not compromised.
- Negotiate and place orders for hiring any plant e.g. forklifts etc and maintain a plant register where appropriate.]
- Monitor invoicing procedures and resolve any issues in conjunction with the Finance Department.
- Work with all suppliers to negotiate best deals where appropriate and work with other departments to improve cost effectiveness.
- Manage own budgets for all material purchases and liaise with Quantity Surveyors for monthly reports.
- Oversee site stock on a regular basis.
- Monitor material quality and the performance of suppliers in conjunction with site based staff.
- Provide feedback to suppliers outlining where an unacceptable standard of materials or performance has been identified
- Ensure you are aware of continuing product development in light of changes in legislation i.e. building regulations etc.
- Attend pre-start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required under the Company's Growing Wiser procedure.
- Undertake regular site visits.
- Ideally experienced in the residential house building sector
- Able to interface with the Commercial team
- A sound knowledge of COINS systems
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Experience of dealing with site and sales queries and the ability to prioritise a demanding workload are essential.
- CIPS Qualified (Desireable)
- Passionate about Procurement
- Able to integrate with the team
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Flexible to travel to site
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £40k + package for the ideal candidate