Sustainable Procurement Manager
To support the delivery of a consistent approach to sustainable procurement across the business with specific responsibility for project managing the implementation of the Group Sustainable Procurement Action Plan.
My client is a leading global Construction organisation who has an exciting opportunity for a Sustainable Procurement Manager to join our Procurement & Supply Chain team to help develop a consistent approach to Sustainable Procurement across the group.
- The substantive part of this role will be to lead on the development and implementation of our Action Plan which will involve consultation with key stakeholders to determine realistic timescales for the delivery of the actions that address the recommendations from our recent Assessment
- Work closely with the Sustainability Leads, Procurement and Supply Chain Directors and Heads of Procurement to develop the specific Sustainable Procurement Action Plans and KPIs
- Work with the Procurement and Commercial BMS leads to integrate Sustainable Procurement Policy into the BMS
- Compile Supply Chain Sustainability performance management information relating to suppliers for onward communication to the business, to ensure continuous improvement within the supply chain
- Manage relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders and act as point of contact for Procurement & HSES+S Teams
- Complete annual Supply Chain Sustainability Risk & Opportunity Assessments
- Develop and pilot a Whole Life / Total Costing Model for relevant categories
- Map the supply chains for high risk categories in relation to labour standards and support the gathering of evidence from the highest risk suppliers within those categories
- Keep abreast of market developments, demand trends and risks, and ensure that each client's requirements are understood
- Contribute to communications with the wider procurement team to share information and learning from within business streams.
- This role requires stakeholder and project management experience.
- It will also require experience and an understanding of Procurement & Supply Chain and Commercial processes within a construction related environment and an awareness of relevant sustainability issues.
- Thinks broadly about the business, going beyond own professional knowledge to demonstrate sound judgement. Generates innovative approaches with potentially significant long-term impact of the business
- Demonstrates complete focus and determination to achieve successful outcomes.
- Is a self- starter, and takes the initiative in situations and ownership of own development.
- Learns quickly, adapting thought and action to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change.
- Builds commitment to act through winning hearts and minds. Is respected by colleagues and seen as role model by others
- Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Actively collects first-hand customer information and uses it to improve services and solutions.
- Manages the experience of customers to ensure positive relationships are established and maintained
- Clearly communicates ideas, plans and priorities to others. Makes communication a priority so there are no surprises
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £50k plus a very competitive package