Production Manager / Bolton / £37,000
Your new company
You will join a historic and market leading organisation
Your new role
You will plan, organise and manage production to ensure quality, cost and delivery targets are consistently achieved. Key duties include-
- Maintain the manufacturing budget, controlling and reducing costs and achieving weekly / monthly production targets.
- Drive lean and continuous improvement initiatives within manufacturing.
- Allocate labour to ensure consistent and reliable workflow through each department within the factory
- Review and manage labour capacity against workload, to optimise labour utilisation and minimise overtime
- Liaise with purchasing and stores with regard to timing of parts and consumables.
- Maintain product quality standards.
- Analyse production and quality control to detect and correct problems.
- Monitor and performance manage staff and implement corrective action as required.
- Attend and contribute to Production meetings and maintain adequate cross departmental communication to ensure quality, cost and delivery targets can be achieved.
- Ensure H&S procedure, H&S policy, PPE rules and COSHH are adhered to.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will offer proven production leadership alongside a technical understanding of vehicle build / bodywork operations. This will include-
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Experience in manufacturing; batch or single piece flow.
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance.
- A capable, strong people manager.
- Ideal - automotive manufacturing experience
- Solid computer skills.
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques.
- ONC or HNC level preferred.
What you'll get in return
Salary up to £37,000 plus benefits including a 4 day working week of Monday to Thursday.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.