Procurement Mobilisation Project Lead
Do you have the drive, passion & expertise as Procurement Project Lead to deliver change through the development & delivery of best practice strategic sourcing strategies?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading blue chip Construction and FM organisation in a genuinely business critical role. The Procurement Project Lead is responsible for supporting all procurement aspects of new contract mobilisation. The role will lead all day to day supply chain due diligence and mobilisation activity to enable the contract operations team to operate in line with the contract and our Procurement policy from go-live. The successful applicant will work closely with category managers and operational teams to ensure all aspects of mobilisation are covered to the required standards. This role would ideally suit someone who has previous and proven procurement project management experience, with excellent stakeholder management skills and a flexible and innovative approach to working.
The Procurement Mobilisation Project Lead will be accountable for:
- Working with the Head of Procurement to implement and promote a supply chain strategy that maximises supply chain value throughout the business with a key focus on Business Development and Mobilisation opportunities.
- Leading the development of the mobilisation plan and be accountable for supply chain activity throughout the mobilisation
- Attending off-site mobilisation meetings as the Procurement representative.
- Reviewing and understanding the contractual obligations for service delivery
- Managing risk register during mobilisation to mitigate supply chain assumptions
- Reviewing and negotiating supply chain quotes back to the contractual obligations
- Identifying supply chain gaps and determine solutions
- Co-ordinating overseeing, updating and owning the supply chain mobilisation activity
- Ensuring essential mobilisation equipment deliveries are scheduled in a timely manner
- Preparing and rolling out a Procurement support manual for contract operations team in accordance with our Procurement policy and proposed supply chain
- Measure and report on preferred supplier uptake statistics – pre to post mobilisation phase to ensure the highest ethical standards of integrity and professionalism are adhered to in the Procurement process in accordance with corporate requirements
What we are looking for
- Minimum Degree Level standard education
- Good communication skills are required and previous experience in procurement for a large, multi-business organisation
- Needs to be numerate and IT literate and have experience of using the Microsoft Business Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Needs to be highly motivated and possess strong interpersonal skills; candidates should be capable of operating with the minimum of guidance and be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.