Source services, equipment, and materials for the company and to compare costs, service, and quality to ensure the best products at the best value are being supplied. Assist in the pricing of client enquiries for the sales team.
The client who I am currently representing are a family owned Company which has developed a good reputation in the industry over the past 9 years. Working with an array of plastics, wood, metal and print agents, they provide its customers bespoke solutions through innovative designs using high quality materials delivered by a highly skilled team. They're looking for a buyer, ideally someone with estimating experience to support their already well-established team in Halifax.
As a buyer within this business you will be responsible for the following.
- Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order to order materials, goods and supplies
- Review inventories and order as required
- Review deliveries against the orders
- Track the status of any orders
- Deal with non-supplied, under orders, over orders and damaged goods
- Ensure that any invoices are sent to accounts for payment
- Match purchase orders to delivery notes
- Arranging the logistics of orders placed through to delivery
- Liaising with account managers for the purpose of purchasing materials required
- Manage any procurement activities
- Accurately prepare quotes from client enquiries
- Ensure all quotes are processed in a timely manner
- Be commercially aware regarding competitive estimates with a view of offering best cost solutions.
- Prepare handover documents to production
Person Specification for Buyer role
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a buying role
- Estimating experience
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial awareness
- Knowledge of joinery, applied finishes, acrylic and print materials
- Knowledge of joinery, applied finishes, acrylic and print practices
- Computer literate
- Sage 50 accounts / manufacturing software experience would be favourable
£25,000 - £28,000