Buyer - Technology buyer
Oxfordshire / Technology Buyer
Your new company
Responsible for the effective management of the agreed Technology procurement portfolio/pipeline that will typically contain both 'repetitive' and 'one off' purchases and to support the Technology Procurement Lead in the delivery of the procurement portfolio/pipeline and associated targets across sourcing and supplier management. To work at all times within the Group Procurement Operating Framework.
Your new role
- The timely delivery of any agreed procurement activities which contribute to the Technology Procurement portfolio/pipeline, including ongoing benefits management and contribution to team savings targets. This will include acting as the sourcing lead on agreed projects within the portfolio.
- To build and maintain effective relationships with key internal Customers and Stakeholders, and with Suppliers. To identify and involve key stakeholders early and translate their business needs to deliver commercial solutions
- Support the identification, development and performance management of suppliers to deliver the business need
- Support or lead in the delivery of business analysis under guidance from the Technology Category Manager to include costs analysis for opportunity identification and negotiation planning.
- To understand supplier pricing models and be able to resolve internal and supplier queries.
- To identify efficiency opportunities and implements associated improvements using value engineering approaches
- Applies new policy and process changes within the procurement operating environment
- Produces and maintains central procurement documentation on behalf of the internal stakeholders (e.g. sourcing cycle process, supplier and benefits management validation)
- To support or lead negotiations with Technology suppliers or service providers
- To develop work plans and prioritise to be an effective team member.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to degree level
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the Technology supply market, with experience working in Technology category management. Global experience preferred, although not essential
- Have commenced or willing to study towards CIPS qualification
- Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Creates innovative solutions
- An effective problem solver
- Proficient negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills to all levels, internally and externally
- Customer focused
- Good communicator
- Project management and documentation writing skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Buyer - Technology buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly