Buyer required for Manufacturer based near Abergavenny
This family owned manufacturer is renowned for its quality product and superior customer service. They are keen to recruit a new Buyer who will hold responsibility for packaging buying for the operation, ensuring consistency and value across the supply chain. Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the cost effective purchasing of all packaging materials and some sundry items.
- Review production schedule frequently to ensure materials are all arranged for delivery
- Run reports to ensure goods booked in, scheduled correctly, and OTIF
- Source new packaging material suppliers in accordance with company procedures.
- Purchase materials in line with manufacturing requirements whilst maintaining minimum stocks levels
- Review slow moving / redundant materials and find avenues for use / sale.
- Provide information to the company regarding pricing and movements, considering impact to business.
- Compilation of packaging data for packaging submissions
- Provide support to all other company departments regarding purchasing issues.
- Raise and expedite all orders for packaging on the system.
- Maintain system with all supplier information and up to date pricing matrices.
- Provide information regarding purchasing volumes according to the sales forecast as part of the budgeting process.
- Manage all packaging suppliers effectively, holding review meetings where necessary to monitor performance, publishing any updates to the business.
- Liaison with suppliers regarding supply issues, taking appropriate action.
- Visit new suppliers and audit with support of other departments
- Identify cost saving opportunities within the supply chain process.
- Provide information to NPD / Manufacturing / Logistics / Sales to drive cost improvements.
- Identify possible packaging changes in line with environmental considerations eg recycling material changes / weight reductions.
- Monitor market trends and assess raw material pricing fluctuations regularly
This role is full time (9am to 5pm, Mon - Fri) comes with 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays). the business also offer 3% matched pension contributions. Applicable CIPS qualifications are desirable, but not essential and the role will suit someone who has technical packaging experience (packaging experience and NPD a must) and is looking to take the next step in their career.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly