Logistics Operations Manager
A Logistics Operations Manager is required for a specialist FMCG provider.
Our client is a specialist FMCG provider.
A Logistics Operations Manager is required to oversee the effective and efficient management of the Company systems and supply chain procedures from purchase order to delivery of stock to the client. Based in West London the role will cover all aspects of Operations/Logistics including customer service levels throughout the business and operational costs. Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring cost effective and high levels of service are received from the 3PL providers.
- Reviewing, analysing and reducing costs - e.g. despatch, warehousing and shipping.
- Ensure accurate day to day operational procedures are adhered to efficiently.
- Ensure all members of Operations have interchangeable skills and are adequately trained to provide cover in case of absence.
- Ensuring the Clients Reserves Stock is regularly reconciled to third party records and any differences investigated and resolved.
- Creating and updating Operations procedures SOPs.
- Ensuring a high level of customer service is delivered and to provide an escalation point for all issues and complaints (internal and external) and to action or resolve in a timely manner and take effective action to avoid recurrence.
- Ensure that all data records involving inventory are accurate and maintained.
- Ensure all active order investigations reported by the warehouse are followed up in a timely manner. Ensure all claims provided to us are processed with a suitable invoice within the given deadline and any losses reconciled.
- Effectively manage a team of 5 direct, permanent reports and 4 indirect reports arranging regular performance reviews.
The Logistics Operations Manager will need to live within a commuting distance of West London and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Direct experience in managing the performance of 3rd party logistics providers.
- Experience within an FMCG (Food/Drinks/Retail) logistics environment is required.
- Knowledge of duty and HMRC policies where relevant.
- You will need to demonstrate an ability to problem solve and work in a logical manner.
- Self motivated and an ability to work under pressure to deadlines and cut offs.
- Navision experience would be advantageous.
A competitive basic salary and benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate.