Assistant Transport Manager
Page Personnel Logistics are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Transport Manager for our client based in South East London.
Our client were established in 2010 and have experienced aggressive growth. They operate within the food service sector and work with an extensive range of clients across London.
In the role of Assistant Transport Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 30+ drivers and a Driver Trainer, and monitor their KPI's to Help manage the daily delivery logistics ensuring all deliveries are made within the delivery timeframe
- Ensure all driver holidays and absences are covered by the emergency driver team to ensure a smooth delivery service to our clients Monitor drivers driving behaviour using Roadsense
- Ensure all new and current drivers training is completed and kept up to date Ensure that all drivers are abiding by the company employee policies
- Help with the interviewing and screening of new driver candidates Liaise with the Fruitful Office Customer Service team on any delivery issues raised by clients Liaise with the QA and Production Managers on any van misloads or wrong products loaded
- Liaise with the Assistant Transport Manager - Fleet on any Vehicle-related issues.
- Report to the Transport Manager weekly and monthly KPIs as well as timely reporting on any significant issues
- Support the Transport Manager with other tasks required by the business
We require candidates who have experience working in a busy Transport environment & management of a similar sized driver team. You will be energetic and have the ability to work unsupervised as well as possess a keen attention to detail. Candidates should be accustomed to dealing in a fast-paced environments in a clam, diplomatic, reasoned manner and can maintain professional distance with drivers at all times. An excellent knowledge of Central London is important along with a full clean driving licence.
This role is available on a full time permanent contract and offers a competitive salary.
Working hours: 04:00 to 14:30 (Mon, Tues, Wed) and 04:00 to 12:00 (Thu, Fri).