GP Purchasing Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Purchasing professional to define and deliver a Procurement Strategy for components and raw materials for the UK subsidiary of our global FMCG company. Some travel within the UK and EU is expected as part of this role.
You might be more familiar with our products than with our company name. Batiste Dry Shampoo, Pearl Drops Whitening toothpaste, Arm & Hammer baking soda toothpaste, Orajel toothache relief, Sterimar sea water nasal spray, Nair hair removal products or Batiste dry hair shampoo all form part of the portfolio of exciting brands. And we are growing our brand portfolio every year.
Church and Dwight UK is part of Church & Dwight Co. Inc. based in Princeton, New Jersey, USA which is a multibillion corporation listed on the New York Stock Exchange. We have a stable of exciting challenger brands and a surprising number of market leaders. In the UK are not as big as some of the FMCG giants but we are agile, innovative and entrepreneurial, which is propelling our growth faster than theirs.
Exposure in FMCG, especially Personal Care and over the counter medical devices would be an ideal, however we would consider experience within a comparable industry.
You will be enthusiastic and able to lead from the front, managing a newly formed but highly energetic team of buyers.
A great relationship builder with internal and external stakeholders, you will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in innovation and managing a complex and diverse supply chain.
The duties for this role are diverse, the highlights include:
- To define and deliver a European Procurement Strategy for the supply of Components and Raw Materials via a range of suppliers direct to C&D UK Manufacturing and supplied to sub-contract manufacturers and C&D partners globally.
- Source new suppliers to support the Procurement Strategy
- Become a 'Procurement Partner' to Marketing, Engineering, Logistics and other internal functions to support commercial discussions and extract optimum value from their suppliers
- Ensure that a range and choice of suppliers is maintained to minimise risk to supply and provide
- Right first time Quality standards
- Service in terms of Responsiveness, Communication and Problem Resolution
- Innovation in both Product and Processes
- Environmental Respect and Ethical Standards in Trading and Employment
- Develop Supply Partnerships based on understanding, commitment and trust and secure these with appropriate agreements/contracts
- Leadership to your immediate Team to deliver NPI tasks at right time/right cost and continuous improvement cost savings
- Develop your Team skills through example, coaching and relevant vocational training and education
We are looking for a candidate who will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Strong negotiation skills - covering cost, relationship and contracts
- Exposure to commodity management and project sourcing within a Multi-National organisation with cross border working
- CIPS Qualified Desirable or other Professional Qualification
- People Management experience
- A minimum of 5 years Purchasing experience with a track record of delivering strategies and cost improvements
- A strong understanding of End to End Supply Chain, ideally within a pharmaceutical regulatory environment
- Previous use of SAP an advantage
competitive salary and package