Category Manager FTC
- Work in a forward thinking dynamic procurement operation
- Drive cost efficiency projects
This established procurement team take responsibility for developing strategies to meet the procurement needs of the organisation as a whole, and for delivering measurable savings from revenue expenditure in line with the organisation's saving plan.
You will be responsible for the following:
- To contribute to the development and implementation of Procurement strategy
- To deliver against agreed annual cost reduction targets, taking specialist responsibility for specific Departments and product categories.
- Develop supplier relationships
- To establish service quality standards and thereafter to ensure the effective monitoring of contract performance.
- To ensure that Standing Financial Instructions and Standing Orders, EU Regulations and other statutory and regulatory requirements are followed
- Conduct formal high-value tenders in line with EU Legislation.
- Research the marketplace, giving due consideration to financial status of suppliers; ability to supply and maintain continuity of supply. Undertake product and equipment evaluations/trials and site visits as necessary.
- To monitor supplier performance and liaise with suppliers to resolve problems.
- Proven procurement and category management experience
- Ideally MCIPS or working towards MCIPS
- Senior Category Manager based in Sheffield