Responsible for the warehouse operation of two businesses supplying B2B and B2C customers.
Two rapidly growing businesses who supply into major retailers and other customers via two websites.
- Manage, mentor and coach direct reports in the creation of a successful and effective warehouse team providing clear direction as appropriate.
- To work within agreed budgetary limits ensuring strict cost control and spend to agreed levels.
- To be accountable for ensuring company and depot operating metrics are met including warehouse productivity, vehicle loading and unloading, pick rates and stock counts.
- Constantly test and review operational processes to ensure best practice at all times.
- Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment.
- To provide effective resource planning and a ferocious attention to detail in ensuring work load organisation and management to meet operational KPI's
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Ensure that all audits, legal standards are met and exceeded
- Ensures legal compliance of the site.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- To be a recognised expert in warehouse and logistics operations with past success in a similar environment.
- Responsible for highlighting any potential quality issues, including hygiene and damage issues to your Manager.
- An enthusiastic and tenacious leader with demonstrable experience of developing a high performing team.
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, staff and wider management teams.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively influence at senior levels.
- The flexibility to adapt and manage change.
- Continually asses existing processes and utilising continuous improvement methods to improve efficiency's and productivity.
- To work at pace and prioritise a varied and demanding workload.
- Financial understanding and cost management.
- Previous Warehouse Management experience.
- PC Literacy (proficient in MS Excel & Word) with knowledge of the relevant warehouse systems or the ability to quickly learn to use them.
- H&S training and qualification
- Previous experience in 3PL multi-user Depots
- Budgetary experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Logistics operation
- A working knowledge of current HR Legislation
- In depth knowledge of WMS & Health & Safety Management
Opportunity to join the senior management team of a fast growing SME at a very exciting time for their business with a competitive salary.