IT Contracts Manager
In this dynamic, diverse and challenging role you'll play a vital role in the IT procurement category area.
Your new company
The opportunity to work for the Global group function of this transforming Procurement department.
Your new role
In this dynamic, diverse and challenging role you'll play a vital role in developing, managing and executing category strategies that will deliver commercial benefits to the organisation as well as undertaking strategic supplier relationship management across the Technology category. You will be required to work with the Group Technology function as your key stakeholder group. Whilst delivering and driving strategic value to the organisation you will be expected to apply procurement best practice to identify and deliver cost savings opportunities.
- Ensures the timely delivery of specific procurement projects which achieve targeted savings and minimise supply risk
- Strategic supplier relationship management of key Technology suppliers
- Able to lead negotiations with sophisticated Technology suppliers or service providers
- Identifies and involves key stakeholders early and translates their business needs to deliver commercial solutions
- Leads the identification, development and performance management of suppliers to deliver the business need
- Identifies efficiency opportunities and implements associated improvements using value engineering approaches
- Applies new policy and process changes within the procurement operating environment
- Develops project plans and prioritises delivery of a number of simultaneous strategic sourcing requirements
- Produces and maintains central procurement documentation on behalf of the internal stakeholders (e.g. sourcing cycle process, supplier and benefits management validation)
- Builds and maintains strong internal and external relationships at senior and executive management levels.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to degree level
- Significant procurement management experience of strategic sourcing in a large company environment, preferably with european or global experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the Technology supply market, with experience working in Technology category management
- Minimum CIPS Advanced Diploma (Level 5) required, MCIPS Professional Diploma Level (Level 6) preferred
- High level of project management skills and working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of leading cross functional teams to identify solutions to business problems
- Proven track record of delivering cost savings across multiple business units and spend categories
- High standard of Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and experience using Sharepoint
- Comprehensive analytical skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.