Head of Operations
Our client is looking for a Head of Operations to drive logistics excellence within their specialist sector.
Our client is a leading logistics provider within a specialist FMCG sector.
The Head of Operations will be required to lead, manage and drive performance of the National Distribution Team. You will be responsible for creating and executing operational strategy with further responsibilities including:
- Ensure costs are maintained within forecast and flexed appropriately with volume and that efficiencies are evident and reinvested in service enhancements.
- Provide a world class service to our clients customers by continually challenging service levels to ensure the business is market leading.
- Be the expert for warehousing within the business, working with regional site management to ensure consistency in processes and standards.
- Set high standards, developing and implementing leading solutions; being part of the wider operational solution for the division.
- Represent the Operations Director at customer meetings and business development meetings.
- Provide direct line leadership and management to the Strategic Transport Manager, Customer Services, Operations Manager, Warehouse Operations Manager, Inventory Team and Operations Improvement Manager.
- Lead, motivate, empower and develop leaders to execute service excellence by ensuring people management plans, processes and systems are in place and appropriate procedures are followed.
- Manage and monitor the performance of the Team against agreed performance objectives; meeting regularly with the teams to include one to ones, appraisals, listening groups and team meetings.
- Produce the annual health and safety plan and undertake the relevant risk assessments and audit processes.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, challenging current ways of working and driving cost and operational efficiencies. Regularly liaising with stakeholders to identify where deficiencies in services exist, and detail actions to improve the service to the satisfaction of all parties.
The Head of Operations will live within a commuting distance of Harlow and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in operating in a Senior Operations role.
- Graduate level education or equivalent experience in Operations Management some of which must have been gained in a customer service delivery environment.
- Experience of operating Warehouse Management System and paper based solutions
- Ideally strong distribution management experience including operating a cold chain fleet, six sigma, lean management and batch control.
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking and customer/patient focus.
- Technically sound, well versed in management practices/people skills and have the ability to meet deadlines and KPI's targets.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly ability to grow, lead and motivate a large operations team and the ability to manage key customer relationship.
- Ability to identify, assess, balance and proactively manage risks arising from any conflicts between commercial pressures and regulatory requirements.
- Commercially astute; with the ability to translate strategy into operational working plans.
- Strong project management skills, particularly the ability to set realistic aims, objectives and timescales and deliver on agreed project actions.
A competitive basic salary and benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate.