To lead a team that will correctly administer and reconcile all incoming goods into Despatch, control, allocate and pick stock as per customer requirements and correctly load and administer all departing vehicles in a safe manner whilst controlling costs.
Our client is a British Multinational food processing company and retailing company whose headquarters are in London, United Kingdom. Its ingredients division is the world's second-largest producer of both sugar and bakers yeast and a major producer of other ingredients including emulsifiers, enzymes and lactose. Its grocery division is a major manufacturer of both branded and private label grocery products.
Maintain a safe working environment in area of operation by actively promoting a culture of "Safety First".
* Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety standards, policies, SSW's and legislation,
* Ensure thorough investigation of accidents and near misses, and be accountable for accident incident rate.
* Ensure that shift is adequately staffed, trained, briefed, monitored and motivated to fulfil shift objectives.
* Manage absence and discipline within the shift in conjunction with HR, Unions, and Management.
* Provide the team with the leadership and direction the need to deliver the business' targets for the site.
* To drive individual and team involvement
* Develop a positive climate where all employees are able and motivated to contribute. Reward and recognise those that do well, take steps to correct behaviour of those that don't.
* To maintain and support all Despatch administration and full compliance with the Despatch Quality System.
* To ensure that dispatched goods meet customer expectations.
* Ensure that all departing vehicles are documented, loaded and secured correctly.
* Be responsible for food safety/product integrity within Despatch, maintain hygiene standards (including personal hygiene) and be responsible for traceability and product withdrawal procedures.
* Ensure that all stock is reconciled and rotated correctly.
The successful candidate will be a pro-active leader with the ability to lead and motivate a team maintaining high levels of productivity at all times.
Career development and progression