Category Manager - Infrastructure
To provide a high calibre, professional service fulfilling the "Purchaser" role on high value, multi-supplier contracts. To uphold the strategic intent of the Contracts, develop and maintain excellent communications with all senior stakeholders and ensure robust governance and the protection of Purchaser interests.
Large Utilities Provider
If interested in a company that can develop your career and give you the tools to succeed, get in contact and find out more!
- Degree and/or appropriate professional qualification. (CIPS , RICS or CEng)
- Minimum of 5 years Commercial / Contract Management in a relevant industrial environment, ie Construction, Services and/ or IT Sector.
- Knowledge of standard industry contract forms eg NEC and IChemE
- Excellent and demonstrable strategic sourcing skills - proficient in all aspects of the 'Strategic Sourcing Cycle'
- Expert negotiation skills
- Self-starter, resilient and tenacious under pressure.
- Excellent contract definition skills and extensive experience adapting commercial terms to the benefit of the client
- Can demonstrate an ability to think creatively to solve ill-defined and complex sourcing challenges
- Experience of stakeholder engagement within a challenging environment
- Demonstrates a lack of acceptance of the status quo, "business as usual" and willingness to challenge
- Shows a willingness to look for ideas or intelligence from outside the immediate team, their business, and their industry
- Is visibly proactive in resolving potential difficulties and overcoming barriers
- Shows an understanding of how to build trust with customers through their interactions
- Excellent and demonstrable interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Self-starter, resilient and tenacious under pressure
- Keen analytical mind and excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
A full time position as a Category Manager - Infrastructure