My client, a prestigious firm within the Birmingham area is currently seeking for a Bid Assistant on a permanent contract. A great opportunity for an individual that is seeking for a forward moving organisation where you can grow.
- Ensure the tender process is fit for purpose, identifying opportunities to develop and enhancing it, and keep up to date with industry best practice.
- Scoping, identification and evaluation of tender opportunities through procurement portals and existing legal frameworks.
- Coordination of tender teams, including setting up kick-off meetings, determining timelines and project plans, ensuring all contributors are aware of their responsibilities and meet their deadlines.
- Production and submission of bids, tenders and award entries for the firm, identifying and reworking existing content where relevant and adhering to brand guidelines.
- Reviewing and editing input from tender submission teams.
- Maintaining the central knowledge bank to ensure standard information is available for stakeholders to access, including maintaining a database of submissions on the firm's document management system.
- With the Marketing Communications Manager and the Bid Assistant, ensuring case studies are completed promptly for use in tenders, within marketing collateral, on the website and in PR.
- Work with stakeholders to provide strategic and tactical support to develop winning propositions.
- Update the marketing dashboard monthly/quarterly with activity and success rates.
- Arrange debriefs, and provide feedback after each submission.
- Working with the Library team, contribute to business intelligence about tender opportunities and the market awareness of the firm.
- Support the Practice Director and Senior Partner with the business development plans for the firm. Support the Marketing Communications Manager/Head of Marketing with CRM management and development.
- Coordination of firm's awards submissions including providing advice on when we should and shouldn't complete a submission.
- Coordination of the firm's legal directory submissions including setting key internal deadlines to ensure submission within the deadlines, and providing advice and support to ensure that submissions are of a high standard.
- Line management and development of the Bid Assistant.
- Other marketing support as requested by the Head of Marketing/BD.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a business development role, developing tenders
and bid submissions in a multi-sector and/or professional services environment.
- Proven experience in planning and delivering proposals in a complex business environment.
- Full understanding of the bid/tender lifecycle.
- Experience of using tender and procurement portals.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.