An international events service company is looking for a Logistics Manager to manage the national logistics of their seasonal events. This role will be based at their site in Gloucester, however, will require travel around the UK.
Our client is an international events service provider who boasts an enviable portfolio of providing services to high-profile, prestigious events across the UK and Europe. As a direct result of their continued growth and outstanding service, they are looking for a Logistics Manager to be based in Gloucester.
- Directly report into the Head of Logistics;
- Manage all aspects of logistics and transport within the company's established logistics division;
- Ensuring that on an event-by-event basis the correct amount of drivers and vehicles are resourced to manage the logistics of products to an event;
- Produce solutions and manage requirements and specific needs of each event;
- Monitoring the fleet being managed making sure every aspect is compliant, safe and on time to ensure the maximum quality of service is being provided;
- Management of drivers Digital Tachographs and ensuring driver hours are in line with Working Time Directives, and;
- Producing weekly and monthly seasonal reports which create a clear expectation of resourcing requirements for each event.
- This role will also be heavily involved within off-site operations which will mean being permanently based at the events for the entire duration making sure all vendors are stocked correctly and that overall health and safety is being upheld;
- This is of paramount importance to the business - ensuring that quality is ensured throughout the end-to-end operation.
- A Drivers CPC is essential for this role;
- Previous management experience and a proven track record of driving success and meeting targets and deadlines;
- Proven knowledge of transport legislation and compliance for a fleet of vehicles;
- Previous logistics experience of managing temperature controlled goods and maintaining food safety;
- Understanding of the events business and the quality and organisation involved;
- Confident and clear communicator both within internal business and with clients;
- A highly-organised individual with an analytic skill-set, and;
- A forward-thinking and problem solving mindset and approach to logistics.
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
Shifts: Monday to Friday (must be flexible to work weekends during events)
Hours: 08:00-16:30 (must be flexible)
Travel: Must be flexible to travel and remain on site for duration of events
Benefits: 28 days + bank holiday, company pension scheme, life assurance scheme and income protection