- Full Time
A national pallet network company is looking for a Transport Planner to join their team at their head office in Newport.
Our client is a leading pallet network company who have a national outreach across the UK. As a direct result of their continued growth they are looking for a Transport Planner to join their team in Newport.
Duties of the Transport Planner will include:
- Responsibilities for routing vehicles within a fast paced, multi-drop environment;
- Planning vehicles, ensuring all consignments have driver cover and that incoming consignments are covered;
- Ensuring maximum profitability of each given route;
- Managing the departure times of trunks to the required schedule;
- Confidently liaising with Drivers when briefing and de-briefing them;
- Pre-plan work for allocation and loading.
- Previous Transport Planning experience;
- Geographical knowledge of the Bristol and surrounding area;
- Computer literate on all Microsoft Applications;
- Flexible in regards to shift pattern;
- Confident telephone manner and customer service skills.
- Reside locally to Newport
- Previous experience with the Pallet Network industry
- £18,000 - £24,000 (dependant on experience)
- Monday to Friday
- Must be flexible to work morning (05:30-13:30) and backshift (11:00-19:00)