Material Scheduler required for Chepstow based manufacturer.
Material Scheduler required for Chepstow based manufacturer who are going through a period of exciting expansion with sales orders in place for the next 24 months. The Material Scheduler will ensure the effective delivery and planning of materials in coordination with requirements of the business. This will encompass control of inventory to maximise best price conditions and manage the purchase order placement on supply chain and suppliers based on lead times and forecasts. This role will suit a candidate who has experience within production planning or demand planning. Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Review MRP recommendations to produce purchase orders, works orders and schedules in a timely manner
- Review and set target stock levels using sales and forecast data
- Planning and scheduling deliveries/Production to achieve targeted stock levels, and ensure high levels of customer service
- Ensure the accuracy of order completion/delivery dates
- Maintain and manage supplier account/relationships
- Effective communication with Customer Services and Production
- Monitor and measure delivery performance by supplier
- Assist users and produce purchase orders for non-stock items
- Assist the Senior Material Scheduler with any other duties that may be required
- Ensure that the Health & Safety requirements of the Company are met at all times. Identifying any potential safety issues
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent IT Skills across all of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP system) SAGE 200 desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organisational and communication skills
- A positive, enthusiastic and proactive work approach
- Self‐motivated with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical and numerical skills
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.