A specialist marine company are looking for an ambitious purchasing professional to join their successful team
Your new company
This fantastic niche marine sector business have a vast catalogue of specialist products to support their wide customer base ranging from superyacht builders to the MOD.
They are able to offer competitive benefits and will give one to one training to the successful applicant to further their career.
Your new role
This role will be supporting the purchasing team in all aspects of their workload. You will be responsible for communication with suppliers on delivery times, purchasing a range of marine goods and the upkeeping of an efficient database system.
The position will be working closely with other departments to monitor stock and ensure that the company is prepared for large customer orders of their most popular products. The job will suit somebody that has some proven purchasing experience and is looking for longevity in their next career move within a rewarding environment.
Working hours are 08:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday (1 hour lunch)
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong attention to detail, working well under pressure
- Chasing Supply Chain for delivery dates, Order Acknowledgements and any other relevant business requests
- Undertake the full expediting process for a wide range of suppliers
- Data Entry - Including update to our system with important details
- Checking Order Acknowledgements and Filing
- Cross working with other departments to support the Purchasing Team
- Confidence on the phone when talking to the supply chain
- The successful candidate will have an opportunity to grow within the team and learn all aspects of procurement and stock control should this be a path they want to follow
What you'll get in return
Full training, supportive working environment, competitive salary, career progression.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.