Construction Materials Buyer
An excellent opportunity for a driven, committed and enthusiastic Materials Buyer to join the commercial team of a large residential developer. The successful candidate will be responsible for buying construction materials and plant required for new build residential developments.
My Client is a residential developer, and the role will focus specifically on projects within London.
- Negotiating with key suppliers within the construction industry and finding new suppliers
- Raising orders for materials and plant for large scale residential developments
- Material scheduling from technical construction drawings
- Liasing with commercial staff to ensure all materials are on site when required
- Previous experience of buying materials/plant for residential construction projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record of negotiating savings whilst procuring materials/plant
- Knowledge of the construction supply chain
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Computer literate
- Salary negotiable depending on level of experience
- Private Healthcare
- Excellent investment in career development and learning