Procurement Manager (£80k)
A global high-tech company who are one of the key players in aerospace, defence and security, with annual revenues in excess of $12 billion, have an urgent requirement for a Procurement Manager to sit within their Procurement & Supply Chain function, focused on all aspects of the external supply chain management and performance providing leadership, functional governance, process ownership, accountability and effective communication. Driven by continuous successful business growth and investment in this world class brand, this particular sector is forecast to grow significantly over the next 5 years with forecast Supply Chain opportunities in excess of over £200M. The role is critical to the success of the Sector growth.
This is a fast paced environment, driven by high technology and an ever increasing international customer base.
The main purpose of this role is to maintain a high performing team, and develop key skills both within the team, and the wider procurement organisation.
The role will be to develop effective relationships both horizontally and vertically with the Suppliers, Partners and Subcontractors to influence successful achievement and execution of the current and future contracts. Whilst providing cross functional collaboration and working to support the Suppliers' ability to perform to quality, cost and schedule throughout the Programme lifecycle.
- Demonstrates experience in "direct" procurement, gained in a fast-moving Manufacturing environment
- Experience from a Defence, Aerospace, Automotive or Tier 1 Manufacturing environment, would be beneficial
- Experience of mentoring/leading functional reports
- Evidence of strategic influencing surrounding the supplier base and leading negotiations
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, ideally gained in a complex multi-divisional environment
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or studying towards