Reporting to the CEO, the Procurement Manager will take full responsibility for the company's purchasing and logistics function.
Based in Oxfordshire, this hugely successful manufacturing organisation develop market leading laser micro-machining systems for a plethora of industries including automotive, medical and consumer goods.
- Management of the purchasing team to ensure all items are purchased and available when needed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that accurate stock control is maintained, in particular the availability of critical and bespoke items.
- Continuous improvement of purchasing methods and processes in terms of both quality and efficiency.
- Managing the company's materials spends, identifying and implementing cost saving opportunities.
- Negotiating contracts and agreeing favourable terms and conditions.
- Sourcing new suppliers and ensuring that existing suppliers are effectively managed.
- Identify and manage risks within the supply chain.
- Running and overseeing the MRP system.
- Reviewing global purchasing activities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Undertake line management responsibilities, training and mentoring and ensure employee reviews are carried out.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Purchasing / Procurement in a technical manufacturing or engineering environment
- Team-management experience
- Project Management
- Working knowledge of Contract Law and Regulations related to procurement & contracts
- Experience of using MRP/ERP Systems for Purchasing, Stores & Supply Chain Management
- Understanding of implementing LEAN Principles of planning in a manufacturing environment
- Ideally, basic ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ideally, some knowledge of International Shipping, Export Control Procedures & regulations
£40,000 - £55,000 + benefits