1st Executive are retained by a global FTSE100 Engineering company who are seeking an experienced Planner with a proven track record using Primavera to create scheduling across a number of different departments including Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Commissioning.
As part of the Global Planning Centre of Excellence, the Planner using Primavera will create logic linked schedules. Role includes liaising with areas of the business including Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Commissioning.
The schedule will be maintained by the execution planning team at a formalised handover event.
The role encompasses all verticals of the business including projects across several industries.
- Creation and maintenance of project schedules throughout the Project lifecycle.
- Creation of engineering schedules with summary reports.
- Use Primavera to develop and maintain a suite of integrated work package templates for system and project engineering, platform engineering, and control automation for company projects.
- Provide weekly project reports / resource loading output.
- Work with Global Supply Chain to ensure that engineering deliverables are completed on time to ensure that the purchasing team has adequate time to procure parts and supplies.
- Assist the Planning Leader in developing process and seek continuous improvement.
- Experience in technical project engineering environment
- Primavera P6 essential
- Experience in resource planning and EVR essential
- Expert in scheduling and planning
- Project management experience
- Good Resource Coding. Good experience at putting resources into plan and manipulating data.
- Experienced in engineering design processes and tools preferred
- Proven record of continuous professional development
- Project leadership/management experience or training
- Familiar with application engineering of power systems or power converter/inverter systems
- Working experience of SAP systems
- Work experience in a global matrix organization
- Multi-project management in a challenging and fast moving market
- Structured in approach and well organized
- Capable of working with a multi-disciplined and possibly international engineering team
- Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects to strict time scales
- Excellent communication skills
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Good personal organizational skills