Procurement Manager | Professional Services | London
Procurement Heads are working with one of the world’s leading professional bodies to recruit a Procurement Manager to come in and manage the professional service categories. This is a great opportunity with a global organisation where you will be highly visible within the business and can have a path towards a HOP role.
The procurement team is going through a transition phase and is a very commercially focused. This is a permanent role that will report directly into the Director of Procurement and will be responsible for sourcing activity of the organisation. The role is based in London but will require travel from time to time to other sites when meeting with stakeholders/suppliers.
You will be expected to lead and manage the procurement function:
- Support the strategic development of procurement
- Planning, creation and execution of sourcing exercises and category planning
- Review and streamline procurement policies, processes and controls
- Revise and improve supplier performance and contract management tools
- Embed best practice procurement across the business through education and mentoring
- Leading commercial and contractual negotiations with suppliers
- Manage relationships with suppliers and drive performance targets/agreements
- Perform key supplier reviews and monitor performance against SLAs
- Provide business intelligence (product, market, supplier, spend and performance)
- Reduce business risk by embedding greater procurement rigour across the organisation
- Line management of Procurement officer
- Lead commercial management, analysis and assessment of suppliers
- Develop fit-for-purpose contracts with the commercial solicitor
- Regularly meet with suppliers and perform site visits to develop comprehensive knowledge and insights
- Manage contractual performance levels of key suppliers
- Determine Procurement work streams and pipeline using contracts database and business plan
- Conduct due diligence and risk assessment of procurement/supplier activities to identify points of vulnerability and devise remedial plans
- Deliver improvements in procurement strategy, execution and commercial results
- Maintain skilled relationship management techniques with suppliers and key stakeholders
- Drive the development of the strategic vision for procurement enabling steps to be taken to improve the operations and performance of procurement in line with best practice
- Plan and undertake strategic projects to drive forward improvements in procurement practices e.g. innovation, environment & ethical policies, total cost of ownership
- Understand business imperatives and strategies pertinent to the success of the wider business
- Manage and plan all sourcing activities in advance of business requirements, liaising as necessary with business functions to ascertain requirements
- Conduct supplier negotiations, conversing with the relevant business areas
- Perform commercial analysis of supplier proposals and present succinct analysis and presentations to facilitate sound commercial judgements
- Project manage as required to ensure the smooth implementation of sourcing introductions
Full salary and benefits: £65,000 + 10% Pension + Private Medical Care (Pre-existing conditions covered) + Season Ticket Loan
The ideal profile will be a procurement professional with generalist indirect knowledge, strong negotiation skillset with full end to end procurement expertise (running tenders etc). Candidates who are MCIPS Qualified or close to obtaining MCIPS are desired.
If you are a match for the role then do apply with an updated CV or call Paul on 01962 869838 to discuss further.