Strategic Procurement Manager | Surrey
As part of an ongoing transformation of the Procurement function, this high performing Organisation is seeking several Category Managers to plan, drive and deliver Procurement Strategies in collaboration with internal and external departments, stakeholders and organisations. Managing a Procurement spend of up to £500M, the procurement team has been re-structured to facilitate best practice and a commercial approach to the entire Procurement Lifecycle.
This is an opportunity to join the team during an exciting period of growth, working in a fast paced and high performing team. The organisation is open to flexible working and would be happy for you to work remotely for part of the week as well as being given the freedom to define your own working hours. You’ll lead the Assets and Infrastructure category and will report directly to the Head of Procurement, giving you exposure to high level business leaders. Ideally, you’ll have previous Indirect category experience within a publicly regulated environment, however, this is not essential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive category management activity for a clearly defined category or group of categories
- Develop and implement Commercial Category Plans for each market facing category or sub-category of spend under the direction of the Head of Procurement, which drive commercial outcomes, shape markets and transform services
- Translate plans into implementable procurement and commercial initiatives and opportunities
- Plan, drive and deliver high-value market management projects across the Procurement lifecycle with support from the Procurement Delivery team
- Act as mentor to lower grade resources across the Procurement and Commercial function to build skills, capabilities and confidence and support the development of a high performing team
Skills and Achievements:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification plus substantial experience at a senior management level in a specialist area in a demanding business environment
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of change management, project management and continuous improvement, and their practical application
- Authoritative knowledge of the work practices, processes and procedures relevant to the role including broader sector/commercial awareness
- Proven ability to manage budgets and available resources to deliver effective support to their area of responsibility
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with high level negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners/professionals
Procurement Heads is partnering with this organisation on an exclusive basis so please be sure to apply using the link provided for a chance to be considered for this role.