Direct Senior Buyer / Bracknell / Up to £37000
Your new company
Your next company is a globally recognised manufacturing and research business who pride themselves on always moving and looking forward. With huge global operations constantly looking at new ways to enhance Oil & gas effectiveness.
Your new role
Responsible for ensuring uninterrupted, cost effective supply of a portfolio of raw materials/goods & services necessary to support the business goals and operations including but not limited to production facilities, contract manufacturing facilities, resale operations, R&D facilities and corporate departments.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships to negotiate and maintain price and supply conditions ensuring commercial terms are optimised, supply maintained, contracts implemented and managed as appropriate and SAP data maintained.
- Develop an understanding of the market for the raw materials, products and services purchased and identify the factors which influence availability and pricing (know the buy) ensuring that significant market changes are anticipated, managed and communicated.
- Identify and select source(s) of assigned raw materials, products and services. Work with the supplier base to identify new sources within existing portfolio and new technologies which may bring advantage to sponsoring and supporting approvals as appropriate.
- Prepare, maintain and communicate long term sourcing strategies to support the Long Range Plan (LRP) both within region and at a global level as appropriate to ensure raw material, products and services availability and economics are communicated to and support the needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain forecasts (volume and price) for use with suppliers and for communication including the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process
What you'll need to succeed
Below are some the skills and capabilities my client is looking for to be successful in this role.
- High personal credibility and ethics
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of market economics, cost drivers, value chains etc. (ideally within the chemical industry)
- Able to manage conflicting and rapidly changing priorities prioritize effectively and deliver to deadlines
- Effective negotiation facilitation and conflict management skills.
- Self-starter with strong business acumen and the ability to link business goals and market trends to make sound procurement decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to lead through influence and build consensus.
- Strong strategic and analytic approach to procurement with knowledge of strategic sourcing principles and practices.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of contract writing and management.
Degree's or equivalent in Business, Economics, Math, Chemistry or related field. Demonstrated strong communication skills, negotiation and organisational skills, Procurement or directly relevant sales experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.