Senior Buyer - Wine
Wine Buyer / Reading / £48000
Your new role
The Group Wine Buyer will source and negotiate wines from designated countries to fulfill the company's ambitious international sales plans. They will manage their portfolio of wines to have strong customer propositions and compelling stories and commercial relevance. They will work closely with sales teams in the three core markets (UK, US and Australia) to ensure a flow of relevant, appropriate and innovative wines that are aligned with the commercial objectives of each market.
- Source, blend and brand wine, both bottled and in bulk, to exceed the expectations of customers around the world.
- Negotiate pricing that satisfies business margin objectives, and offers best value to our customers.
- Ensure purchase pricing achieves the businesses' commercial objectives whilst actively seeking long-term supplier relationships
- Develop wines, both as original concepts and as extensions/adaptations of existing labels. The result will be commercial success and a balance of range and styles
- Collect, maintain and present accurate information about these wines to our Merchandising and Marketing teams in the UK, US and Australia
- Work closely with the Merchandising teams in the three core markets to plan production and purchase volumes
- Remain closely aligned with ever-changing market requirements to capitalise on short-term opportunities
- Understand and articulate to the business key trends for wine sales
- Take an active part in the creative process. Ensure that the unique elements of the story for each wine are convincingly and accurately communicated to our customers, multi-channel
- Leverage global buying power through negotiation on all markets' behalf Play a key part in the overall Group Buying strategy as part of the Group Buying Team
- Create professional and compelling slides for briefs into Merchandising and Creative teams
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Ideally educated to degree level with proven buying and commercial experience in a retail buying position.
2. Extensive wine knowledge with a passion for the industry.
3. Strong and proven negotiating experience in a buying position. Proven business judgement and entrepreneurial approach to building on performance and initiating new products, partnerships and routes to market.
4. Fluent in Italian
5. Preferably hold the WSET Diploma.
6. Have the organisational effectiveness to work through colleagues and suppliers in a resourceful and engaging manner in order to build and develop effective working relationships.
7. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to influence at all levels of business.
8. Flexible and able to adapt to a dynamic and competitive business environment.
9. A team player with 'can do' attitude and a passion for excellence and the delivery of results across all core markets
10. Hold a clean driving licence
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.