Procurement Manager - Contracts
Procurement Manager with very strong contracts experience and excellent stakeholder engagement.
Your new company
Is a large global organisation who is one of the leading specialists in there field. The Contracts Specialist position would be to work within there global Procurement division.
Your new role
Will be responsible for driving improved value, compliance, and effective risk management, within the sourcing process, through effective contract creation, development, and management, as well as supporting operational activities within the Lubricants Procurement Function, such as Training, Coaching, and Process Mapping. The role supports contract negotiation and development activity where required, and transfers knowledge and skills in the process.
The Role will be Accountable for:
* Understanding the specific contracting requirements of shaping contracting plans and priorities to ensure compliance in the most efficient and effective way.
* Actively participating in business projects that involve contracting
* Liaising with Legal Teams
* Understanding business specific objectives and requirements for contracting processes
* Working with the relevant market sector and commodity managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies;
* Participating in some aspects of the full sourcing process which include development of scope, contract writing, and contract execution;
* Ensuring the common processes are implemented, used and continually improved
* Selecting the correct contract templates for use in creating a contract, being able to use the templates appropriately, and amending clauses where necessary
* Ensuring local contracts comply with master/global agreements
* Participating in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learnt
* Engaging, challenging, and influencing internal customers, and providing guidance on processes and risk management
What you'll need to succeed
- Deep knowledge of contracting processes, tools and systems in directs and indirect sectors, as well as a strong understanding of critical clauses and T's &C's
- Deep contracting practitioner knowledge - either a legal or procurement background.
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills. Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, in multiple countries / time zones is key.
- A proven track record of delivering and supporting sourcing processes and services in a complex blue chip global organisation, ideally within a procurement function dealing with multi-billion $ spends.
- Ability to prioritise personal tasks, and assist others with managing their workload.
- Graduate or equivalent qualification/experience.
What you'll get in return
A 6 month contract to work in a very successful Global Procurement department with the potential that the role may extend.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.