The role will see the successful applicant involved in existing engineering and automotive projects. They will also aide in developing new projects in defence and autonomous vehicles
The role is with a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors. The organisation work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
- Analyse technical drawings and liaise with engineering department
- Ensure suppliers are compliant in regards to modern slavery and compact minerals.
- Regularly engage with suppliers on lead times .
- Be able to effectively negotiate with global suppliers
- Support both the direct and indirect procurement function
- Travel within the U.K and overseas
- obtaining quotations from suppliers ensuring best price and delivery
- Experience in manufacturing/engineering/automotive/aerospace or defence sectors desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of Engineering/Technical drawings
- Understanding of Sub Contract processes and processing,
- Awareness of quality procedures and practical application
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and source from technical drawings is essential,
- Raise purchase orders for materials and components
- Ability to assess a supplier capability to supply
Competitive hourly rate