Transport Planning & Optimisation Manager
A Transport Planning and Optimisation Manager is required for a leading 3rd party logistics provider.
Our client is a leading 3rd party logistics provider.
Our client is currently looking for a Transport Planning and Optimisation Manager with responsibility for the strategic and day to day transport planning & optimisation of a multi-site 2 man Home Delivery operation. Based in the Northern Home Counties the aim of the planning & optimisation function is to meet our clients customer capacity requirements whilst achieving an optimum level of transport efficiency, through strategic decision making and day to day optimisation of routes. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Day to day scheduling of deliveries and routes to the consumer within specific timescales.
- Ongoing Strategic review of site territories and matrix design to drive service & cost efficiency.
- Liaise with the customer to ensure their capacity requirements are achieved in the most optimum plan.
- Full accountability for optimum capacity & matrix plans to achieve service level requirement while delivering maximum transport efficiency.
- Managing the Transport planning team.
- To manage and maintain specific KPIs, within all areas of the planning function and control.
- Undertake project work to manage potential operational changes or development.
- To plan backhauls and trunking (where applicable) across the operation.
- To liaise with the Transport managers to ensure that operational procedures are met within agreed time scales.
- Compile statistical reports reflecting performance on a daily/weekly and monthly basis.
- To ensure the accurate and timely reporting of daily/weekly/period key performance indicators regarding resource utilisation and route efficiency.
The Transport Planning and Optimisation Manager will live within a commuting distance of the Northern Home Counties and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Experience in leading a transport planning function.
- Expertise of Paragon software & driver management packages is essential.
- Ability to analyse data and drive strategic planning & optimisation decisions.
- Excellent knowledge of transport legislation.
- Analytical skills with the ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- A flexible team based approach.
A competitive basic salary and benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate.