Senior Category Manager
Working as part of a large procurement function the role of the Category Manager will be to drive through procurement activities to deliver the required contract cover and savings of the managed category/portfolio.
One of the UKs Largest provider of Engineering services
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Determine and maintain Category Management Process and Methodology
- Maintain capability of the team to manage market analysis tools, perform market analysis and engagement in support of specific categories
- Determine sourcing and procurement strategies for all procurement activity
- Ensure category strategies are consistent and compliant
- Manage procurement activity to deliver the required contract cover and savings of managed portfolio
- Manage analysis of future requirements, pipeline, and ensure strategies exist for all requirements
- Manage spend profiling, categorisation and category delivery plan
- Manage the sourcing of parts which are not currently on contract
- Ensure adherence to compliant procurement process and specifically OJEU compliance
- Experience in a commercial procurement environment
- The ideal applicant will ideally come from a manufacturing, engineering, automotive, aerospace or similar industry.
- MCIPS or equivalent or willingness to achieve
- Experience of working for a large commercial organisation within a supply chain function delivering Category Strategies
- Proven delivery of category management
- Leadership qualities
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience in dealing with suppliers and customers, both internal and external.
£60,000 + Package