2 days left
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity available within our small Burton based Purchasing team. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the position will play a pivotal role in supporting the function and helping to move the service forward. The successful candidate will be a point of contact within the organisation for the procurement of raw materials and office services.
Our successful candidate will be CIPS qualified (preferably fully qualified), and able to demonstrate significant relevant experience within a dedicated Purchasing / Buying role. We are looking for an excellent communicator, someone who is adaptable and flexible in their approach, able to prioritise and organise themselves and comfortable in working to tight deadlines which can often change at short notice.
Key responsibilities in the role include: -
- Independently undertake contract and tendering activities
- Working closely with internal budget holders to deliver best value supply
- Category management and procuring of a selection of goods and services
- Supporting the business through identification of cost reductions
- Liaising with suppliers
- Developing and expanding on local purchasing procedures
- Analysing data, enabling service and cost opportunities to be identified
- Reacting to requests for information in a timely manner
- Amending pricing of raw materials
- Forecasting of raw materials each month (which on occasion will require late working until task complete)
- Assisting in training of key stakeholders on purchasing procedures
Our preferred candidate will have strong IT knowledge and skills which must include Excel. SAP experience is also preferred, although training can be provided. Our team is small, so our successful candidate should be comfortable in both working alone and as part of a team.
Whilst based in Burton on Trent, there is a close link with colleagues in Carlisle and Milan, so the job will require some periodic travel.