Sourcing (Procurement) Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
Our high profile Utilities client is seeking a talented, experienced Sourcing Manager with a background in direct or indirect strategic procurement. A challenging and diverse strategic role with excellent career progression awaits the successful candidate.
As the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years to improve their network and infrastructure - pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants, which are some of the biggest and most advanced in Europe. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market - the biggest change since privatisation.
The Sourcing manager will:
- Develop innovative and compelling sourcing solutions that deliver best value for our business and proactively engage with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams through the procurement process in order to implement recommendations that deliver robust and sustainable sourcing solutions.
- Create compelling and innovative sourcing strategies which challenge current ways of working whilst delivering the best value to the business.
- Effectively consider and manage through each initiative: sustainability, innovation, risk management, collaboration, health and safety & well-being.
- Implement stakeholder engagement plans at an individual level and participate in team level stakeholder engagement plans over a long period of time in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Apply a creative and agile approach to negotiation in order to deliver outcome (not cost) focused solutions whilst independently leading complex and sometimes challenging negotiations to a successful conclusion. Thinking creatively about variables that can be traded to optimise the outcome.
Key skills required:
- A strong strategic procurement background from complex environments with demonstrable knowledge of broad categories.
- The ideal candidate will be a resilient, tenacious, self-starter with outstanding commercial awareness and hunger for best value.
- You will ideally be experienced in working on projects with a keen analytical mind and excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills; you will be able to show examples of an ability to think creatively to solve complex challenges with low levels of definition.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement within a complex multi-site environment, you may have worked on projects where you have had to be proactive in resolving potential difficulties and overcoming barriers.
- Ideally educational achievement to Degree level or equivalent e.g. CIPS
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Sourcing (Procurement) Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly