This is a great opportunity to manage the packaging procurement in a leading global FMCG business based in West London. Specifically this will involve the purchasing of bottles, glass, caps, label and cartons.
This role will allow you to use your procurement knowledge, along with your stakeholder management skills to develop these key categories, whilst working with some of the UK leading food brands.
One of the UK's leading medium size FMCG businesses and over the past years has been able to showcase this by being a key product in any UK home.
The procurement function has been grown over the past few years in line with the currently growing overall business. They are a dynamic team of 4 who are very hands on and those within the team have developed their key procurement skills by being allowed to express and take opportunities.
Based on a brand new business park in West London, they have an excellent atmosphere that is a good mixture between corporate and quirky, whilst still being able to drive high productivity and an amazing culture.
Packaging Buyer's Key responsibilities:
- Managing the annual spend around a number of packaging categories including of bottles, glass, caps, label and cartons.
- Negotiating on contracts
- Building relationships with suppliers
- Developing key internal relationships with other departments.
- Working alongside NPD on specialist projects.
- Manage and understand the risk around prices changes from global supplier.
- Analysis of supply base understanding marketplace, key Global/European/UK suppliers, market complexity, and optimised deal structures to deliver optimum value.
- Tracking and reporting project benefits, with external reporting agreed with finance each quarter in line with budgeting process.
Packaging Buyer Ideal profile: