Senior Buyer | FTSE 100 International | Southampton
This leading FTSE 100 organisation is undergoing an exciting period of growth within the Procurement function, following the creation of a new Category Team and up to 6 new roles, and has created 2 new Senior Buyer roles.
You will be a strategic and commercially astute Senior Buyer, looking to take ownership of spend activity in either Direct or Indirect categories. Based in state-of-the-art facilities in Southampton, you will undertake responsibility for Category Sourcing Strategy for defined areas, including the full end-to-end supply process for multi-million pound spend.
- Develop, implement and lead category sourcing strategy
- Manage the ongoing commercial, operational, quality and risk management requirements within the category
- Responsible for the full end to end sourcing and supply process for a category
- Collaborate closely with the various business partners
- Engage effectively with the supply market for the category to bring value added innovation and opportunities to the business
- Manage supplier relationships
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities on significant spend areas within the category.
- Identify and lead opportunities within the category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk.
- Ensure the relevant data in purchasing systems is updated and maintained in a timely and accurate manner.
Skills & Experience:
- Graduate calibre
- Previous experience in end to end sourcing
- Supplier Relationship Management experience
- Strong communicative skills and an ability to operate and influence at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Previous exposure to technical parts (Directs) or Indirects Procurement
For more information or to be considered for this role please contact Tom on 01962 869838 or apply today.